The Mission of I.T.U. Mining Engineering Department is:
- to provide high quality undergraduate and graduate programs supported by up-to-date curriculum and scientific, industrial research.
- to produce technically competent and well educated mining engineers who have team skills and are able to work in mining and mining-related industries both within the country and abroad.
- to educate mining engineers who can follow and utilize the technological developments that may occur during their careers and recognize the needs of an environmentally sensitive society.
The Vision of ITU Mining Engineering Department is:
- to continue its high educational standards equal to the internationally well-known Mining Engineering Departments.
- to educate students for playing an active role in industry, satisfying present and future needs of a global society through the development and implementation of revolutionary technologies for the extraction of mineral resources, and construction of underground structures in a socially responsible, economically viable and environmentally sound manner.